The Meccano Society of Scotland
Hamster and Hamster Wheel
Menstrie Challange 2016
The challenge this year is to construct a hamster wheel and a hamster to run in it. The hamster is to be powered by a clockwork motor.
- Both the hamster and the wheel must be made entirely from Meccano (NB this includes the use of Meccano Driving Bands for power transmission if a Magic Motor is used).
- The wheel can be of any diameter and any thickness and must be constructed so that the hamster runs inside the periphery.
- The wheel should be pivoted at the centre and mounted on a stationary frame.
- A clear mark on the periphery should be added to allow for easy counting of the number of revolutions the wheel makes.
- The hamster should be powered by a clockwork motor. Any Meccano clockwork motor may be used.
- The hamster shall run on the inside surface of the wheel.
- The hamster shall not be attached or affixed to the wheel or its frame.
- The winner will be the hamster that achieves the greatest number of revolutions of the wheel on a single winding.
- In the event of a tie, the winner shall be the hamster that runs for the longest.